Ground Beef with Potato Crust
1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1 tablespoon French mustard
1 pound extra lean ground beef (92% fat-free)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, chopped
2/3 cup fat-free, low sodium beef broth (canned)
4 tablespoons oatmeal
1 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped or
2 teaspoons dried)
Lite salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
No-cholesterol cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain, add milk and mustard. Mash until smooth.
2. Cook ground beef in olive oil in a large pan. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
3. Stir in broth and oatmeal. Bring to a boil and add Worcestershire sauce and rosemary. Season with Lite salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
4. Spray a two-quart baking dish with no-cholesterol cooking spray. Place ground beef mixture in dish and spread potatoes evenly over top.
5. Bake until golden (30-35 minutes).
6. Serve with dark crusty bread and fresh cooked broccoli.