18 mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and set aside
5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) - reserve 2 Tbs.
4 cups whole wheat fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped white or yellow onions
1/2 teaspoon Lite salt
1/4 teaspoon sage
14 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with a no-cholesterol cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Keep mushroom caps whole but finely chop stems.
3. Warm 3 Tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Slowly cook onions and stems for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
5. Stir in bread crumbs and all seasonings.
6. Brush mushroom caps (inside and out) with remaining 2 Tablespoons EVOO.
7. Fill each mushroom with bread crumb mixture, packing tightly. Place in baking dish.
8. Bake15 minutes or until tender and golden brown on top.